Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Irish Junior Bridge

I got confirmation from the Junior Committee yesterday that they would not be sending us to Jesolo for the 2007 Junior Europeans. Instead they are going to organise a twenty-four month training scheme. I got a form, titled '2 year commitment,' I had to sign saying 'I wish to make a serious commitment to improve my bridge over the next to years Sept '07 - Sept '09,' of course I have and am sending it the post tomorrow. I also got a long-winded email more or less saying they are very interested in Irish junior bridge and want to spend their resources on training and coaching rather than on a once off competition. Of course I would like to do both but I suppose it will be better for me as a player and hopefully for the rest of the team as well to do the training rather than the Europeans. I do hope though because of this training we do not miss-out on the World Pairs and Camp.

My Junior Cert is coming up soon so not as much bridge for me. For those non-Irish people who are reading this the Junior Cert is similar to the U.K.'s G.C.S.E. exam. Except it is taken after three years in secondary school rather than five.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please note that the Weak Two Archive has moved to [http://www.chrisryall.net/bridge/weak.two/]